• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Tiling images?

Kate Raap

i'm not sure if anyone can help me here or not. In my parents business I tend to do most of the dye-sublimation. I'm trying to do a wall tiling for outside of our office right now and I need to know the best way to do it. I can't seem to find any information on tiling inside of corel. I have Corel Suite version 12. I have a picture that I would like to blow up and then put on small 4X4 tiles and put together to make a mural but I'm totally stumped on how to do this. Any ideas out there? Thanks!

Greg

If you're talking about how to design it......If there's a quick way to tile I'm not aware of it, but I'd do this (perhaps its the hard way)

Draw a 4 inch square, import your 4" graphic, use the POWERCLIP to put the graphic "inside" your square

Draw your mural outline and duplicate your tiles

Position your tiles to fill the mural

Use the "Align and Distibute" command to get them perfectly spaced. I'd do one line across, Group, then duplicate the group. That way you're only ALIGNING LEFT and then Distributing toward the bottom

Someone more familiar with dye-sub may have a better idea of what you're trying to do.....

Are you trying to have One Big Image fill a bunch of tiles? Kinda like a jigsaw puzzle? Like this?

tiling_art_sample.jpg

If so, get all your tiles aligned, GROUP them, and then use the POWERCLIP tool to place your graphic into the tiles.

Once you're done you can ungroup all of the tiles and the pieces of the graphic remain in the little squares.