• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help VJ628 :/

Alper.arp

Are the parts of the Mutoh VJ628 eco solvent model the same as the Sawgrass VJ628? I want to convert my existing sublimation Sawgrass printer to eco solvent.

Ssignature

Yes and no. Mutoh has aqueous and eco-sol versions of most models. While the parts might fit, running eco-sol through an aqueous printer will cause damage since the parts are not meant to come in contact with solvents. Then there is the issue of smart cards. An aqueous printer won’t accept cards from a solvent cartridge.

Alper.arp

Yes and no. Mutoh has aqueous and eco-sol versions of most models. While the parts might fit, running eco-sol through an aqueous printer will cause damage since the parts are not meant to come in contact with solvents. Then there is the issue of smart cards. An aqueous printer won’t accept cards from a solvent cartridge.
Thank you, I've already given up on the VJ628, now I'm dealing with the RJ900C. Do you think I can convert it to Eco solvent by replacing the hoses and the printhead?

Ssignature

you’d have to replace everything that touches ink. And then, the main board wouldn’t accept eco-sol smart cards.
I was talking with Mutoh today about converting a 1628 to 4 color and they said they will not modify the firmware.