• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP: "Waste ink tank full" msg on my Mutoh vj-1604A

gemaki

MUTOH VJ-1604A
I have a message that comes up "waste ink tank full" I currently i have no waste tank attached..
How does this printer sense the waste tank is full? is there a sensor on this model somewhere?
Also tried to do a clean and I receive a message that says "no waste tank". any help would be greatly appreciated..
:help

FrankW

If you have no waste tank attached, why the message "no waste tank" sounds strange for you? Where should your printer put the waste ink which will be generated during cleaning? Should it be spilled on the floor?

Yes, these printers have a sensor for a full waste ink tank, it's in the shutter of the waste ink tank.

gemaki

Was curious as to why it had "no waste tank" error as i was trying the cleaning mode, and to why it said that the waste tank was full on start up?Trying to figure out how this printer works.. sounds like the shutter in the waste tank lid is connected to a cable/sensor? any idea where cable is attached on opposite side?

Matt-Tastic

There is a sensor on the waste ink tank. if you don't have a tank, it will not run.

put on the waste ink tank, and you'll be fine.

gemaki

Thanks..I got this printer used..knocking out the problems one by one..printer did not come with a waste tank.. I will hunt one down...:thankyou:

Robert M

Cap

Make sure you get the cap, that is where the sensor is. PM me if you need to order one, It is white (was white, may be covered with ink) and has a couple of wires running to it,

Mikeifg

try under the right side of the printer. theres a drawer on mine that slides out but i have the 1204. Theres no tank anymore just a tray.