• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help when do i now its time to change capping station and rubber wiper

G8TORGRAPHICS

I have a roland bn-20 and have no clue when to change the capping station or wiper? there is quite a bit of ink around the capping station and wiper on the metal down below the capping station. Is it time to change it?

unmateria

When ink not spitting through the pump tubes while cleaning or new cleanings always get the same results on nozzlechecks, replace the station...

When wiper is not flat or they leave and horizontal band on nozzle checks, replace just the wiper

G8TORGRAPHICS

How old is the machine? Are you doing your regular cleanings with the swabs and cleaning solution?
You need to clean around the cap tops and the wipers at least once a month.
We change ours based on how our test prints look.
one year old machine and yes i do the regular cleaning weekly and swab around the capping station. So just run a nozzle check test pattern and if it looks good its not ready to be changed?

unmateria

Hi :)

There is no need when:
- After a cleaning a printhead that looked bad on print test, now looks good
There is need to replace just wiper when:
- Horizontal lines (usualy big areas, 2mm or more) appear usually in all or some colours and usually in the center of the print test
- Drops under the printhead after a cleaning
There is usually need (not always is the problem, but I suggest you have always one in stock) to replace the complete pump, wiper, etc when:
- After a cleaning, printhead tests looks similar or worse, and worse and worse

An advice is ALWAYS clean the wiper after a cleaning or before a cleaning, and replace as fast as you can when is not completely flat (like a new one). Always have at least 1 or 2 since is a consumable, and if you use oem inks, sometimes they are more aggresive and will shrink the wiper fast, curving it (and other problems that wouldnt fit on the thread! :).

One week is better than nothing of course, but you should clean at least the wiper and the suction cap rubbers daily (it worths the 30 seconds required...)

BrendaW

Always clean the wiper of the capping machine before or after cleaning it, and replace it as soon as possible if it is not fully flat (like a new one). Always keep at least 1 or 2 on hand because they are consumables, and if you use OEM inks, be aware that occasionally they might be more aggressive and cause the wiper to shrink quickly, bending it (as well as other issues that wouldn't fit on the thread!