• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Window Perf hates HP LATEX

darrellcarpenay

More than likely the problem is that the temperature is too high for the material and it’s warping causing you smearing and head strikes. Reduce the temperature to as low as 185F and increase the passes to 16 so that the ink can dry. You can tweak settings as you see fit but keep the temp as low as possible.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Contravision, Ultraflexx and Briteline all work well at low heat on the small latex format.

Justine Bouman

Can someone provide a suggestion of a good window perf to use for the HP 360 and HP 560?

Currently we use Briteline 70/30 and 80/20. They are both terrible partly due to the overly thick liner and just other series of problems.

Once in a blue moon the 60" wide rolls of 80/20 will cooperate but more often than not we have a lot of problems with the material lifting off the platen during printing and the print heads will scrape across the media leaving major defects and heartache in its wake.
The 70/30 is new to us and I should have just listened to the terrible reviews before "going for it". But it was one of the few things available at the time. The 70/30 perf vinyl is separating from the liner while printing and leaves this vein like wrinkles behind across the entire with of media and moves from one side to another. (I'm thinking humidity has gotten to this roll at some point even though it is brand new to us).

PLEASE HELP. Looking for suggestions on perf that works well with the latex printers and holds up well over time.
On my 570 we run Magic Broad view 60/40 and have never had an issues.

Mike Brice

Running window perf on HP560 I found that it important to use the take-up reel to keep tension on the material so it wouldn't buckle under the heaters. I would just stand there pulling on the perf to keep tension until I could attach it the take-up, or just feed out a couple of feet and attach it before starting the print if you are not too worried about wasting material.
I've been using 3 rolls of tape across the leading edge of the perf until it's enough to attach the the take up. Another factor could be humidity. Vinyl HATES humidity.

MichelleK

Can someone provide a suggestion of a good window perf to use for the HP 360 and HP 560?

Currently we use Briteline 70/30 and 80/20. They are both terrible partly due to the overly thick liner and just other series of problems.

Once in a blue moon the 60" wide rolls of 80/20 will cooperate but more often than not we have a lot of problems with the material lifting off the platen during printing and the print heads will scrape across the media leaving major defects and heartache in its wake.
The 70/30 is new to us and I should have just listened to the terrible reviews before "going for it". But it was one of the few things available at the time. The 70/30 perf vinyl is separating from the liner while printing and leaves this vein like wrinkles behind across the entire with of media and moves from one side to another. (I'm thinking humidity has gotten to this roll at some point even though it is brand new to us).

PLEASE HELP. Looking for suggestions on perf that works well with the latex printers and holds up well over time.
Continental Grafix has latex profiles for our panoRama Innova 2-year exterior window perf and panoRama Innova Ice (cold-weather perf - install in temps down to 5 degrees). They can be found in the HP Media Selector at https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator. 24" x 20' sample rolls are avaialble as well.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The small format printers...560 or similar...just hate perf. Continental & ContraVision are the best I have used for the smaller machines. Ultraflexx perf worked ok as well. We typically run our perf on UV or Large 1500s due to the issues with heat and drying.

MichelleK

The small format printers...560 or similar...just hate perf. Continental & ContraVision are the best I have used for the smaller machines. Ultraflexx perf worked ok as well. We typically run our perf on UV or Large 1500s due to the issues with heat and drying.
Glad to hear you've had success with Continental Grafix! :)

RabidOne

We use Signmax 60/40 on our 800, and our 560 before that and the 360 before that.
Attaching to the take up reel is a must though.

Hightech

We have used Contra Vision Performance with great results on our HP 335 but it's important to use the Replacement Liner NOT the universal. We had nightmare issues running the universal. After switching to the replacement liner, never had another problem.

Our ‘Replacement Liner’ has an extra year
shelf-life (3 YR), and does not have the paper fiber content in the liner which can, over time, absorb moisture from the humidity in the air and cause problems on press.

Just an FYI...partial rolls:
It is important that the rolls are kept wrapped in plastic and stored in the original packaging.
If the plastic wrap is discarded, (shipping) shrink wrap works great. What typically happens is people use some of the material and then slap a couple pieces of masking tape on it and stand its’ end and store it by their printer. It’s convenient.
Contra Vision Performance
WBPRG40C-152-45
‘Replacement Liner’
54” x 150’

Precision

We have had that problem. Briteline likes to curl and cause head strikes and also hits the top of the heater and comes out with defect mark from the ink not being dry and hitting the top of the heater.

Since then we use General Formulation Windowmark 270 70/30. Use their ICC Profile. What a difference! This is usually for storefront flat panel window perf installs.

For vehicles, we use clear focus 50/50, never a problem.

I hope this helps.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
More than likely the problem is that the temperature is too high for the material and it’s warping causing you smearing and head strikes. Reduce the temperature to as low as 185F and increase the passes to 16 so that the ink can dry. You can tweak settings as you see fit but keep the temp as low as possible.
I have a question about this. what's the color saturation supposed to be?

greysquirrel

so first question...you have a 560 why use a canned profile? you paid for a printer with an eye one...make one. If using a canned profile use any adhesive vinyl profile...and a minimum re-linearize the profile, set ink density to eight 80 or 90, start with heat temp at 208 degrees...you may need to lower...12pass mode..

JBurton

Signtologist
I will say, with my 560, and bigfish's perf (rip I guess?), I would just burn the excess material to put it on the takeup reel every time. On the plus side, that stuff was so cheap it didn't hurt like the cast 3m perf or even clearview perf. Just lots of wasted perf in the dumpster...

DeeDBLu

Having the same issues with the Briteline 70/30 on my HP Latex 800W. Been trying to run 18pass on low heat with an interpass delay and it will be good until like the last foot or so where it will lift from the liner and get a head strike. So disheartening because for all intents and purposes it seems like it's running fine then headstrike right at the end of the print. Banging my head against the wall over here lol.

JBurton

Signtologist
Having the same issues with the Briteline 70/30 on my HP Latex 800W. Been trying to run 18pass on low heat with an interpass delay and it will be good until like the last foot or so where it will lift from the liner and get a head strike. So disheartening because for all intents and purposes it seems like it's running fine then headstrike right at the end of the print. Banging my head against the wall over here lol.
Try 10 passes, I usually run everything at 20p, but I recall this stuff lifting and tunneling if I went that slow.

DeeDBLu

Try 10 passes, I usually run everything at 20p, but I recall this stuff lifting and tunneling if I went that slow.
20p? Wow, I'm standard run most media at 8p maybe 12p. I'll try the 10p and see how that goes. This model has given me nothing but headaches. I miss the 570 .

JBurton

Signtologist
20p? Wow, I'm standard run most media at 8p maybe 12p. I'll try the 10p and see how that goes. This model has given me nothing but headaches. I miss the 570 .
Yeah, I'm a weird one. I do more fab work than print work, the printer just adds to what we can fabricate. So since the printer only runs for a few hours a week, I figure what's the harm in cranking the passes to the max? Only a handful of things give me issues, like perf, mesh banner (the backer gets baked onto the mesh), and I think tyvek.
Hell, I run banners at 20p, because I only do a handful a month.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Continental makes great perf which works very well on latex devices. Their Panorama One product is 164' long and sells for what most people are paying for a 100' roll of Briteline. We sell those rolls for only $391.14 which I see a lot of people paying for only 100 feet of Briteline.

Steenland

Old Member
I also had problems trying to print any brand of perf on my 365. It would buckle in the heater and get scratched. I finally realized that the buckling was caused by too much tension in the take-up reel. Because the take-up reel is not perfectly parallel with the feed, it was sending a wave back up into the heating unit, causing the scratches. I installed the dancer-bar counter-weights that HP supplied with the 365, and the problem disappeared.