• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with a sign

crny1

Hello all,
Not sure this is the correct placew to even post this but I use Adobe for my work. I have a customer that has a sign that is approx 5' x 5'. The sign is 5mm dibond and is all hand painted by a artist. The sign got hit and it bent a prtion of it and even tore the material. I need to reproduce this sign EXACTLY as there are 3 other signs identical to it and you can see all 4 at any given time. If this one is off by a bit then it will be highly noticeable. I took a picture of the sign with my camera in RAW mode thinking I could just touch up the blemished area and then just reprint but it doesnt seem to be that easy since I am so new at this. Am I thinking wrong? Is there a better way to do this? The main lettering of the sign has a paint fade in the fill also so that makes it interesting. Am I going about this wrong? Thanks in Advance.

crny1

My apologies. I meant to add it and forgot too.
You can see the damage on the right side.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC04652small.jpg
    DSC04652small.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 145

Billct2

Why not have the original artist do another?
Also it is almost impossible to reproduce a hand painted sign exactly,
I'll bet the Existing signs aren't even perfect matches

crny1

The artist that did them lives in the Netherlands so that is out of the question. The 4 of them my not be 100% perfect but they are 98% perfectly the same. Even if I got it 95% the same it would work.

Isolate the sign in the photo, scale to full size, vectorize and redraw it clean. Add the color and be done. It will be so close nobody will tell the difference.

petepaz

Isolate the sign in the photo, scale to full size, vectorize and redraw it clean. Add the color and be done. It will be so close nobody will tell the difference.

that's as good as it will get. and if you are digitally printing it and your customer wants and exact match just don't even bother. i think you can get close enough for what this needs to be. just the wear and fade from the weather alone will cause you not to be able to match it exactly. unless they want to spring for the money to fly the original painter in, food, hotel and so on to get another one painted. also already mentioned doing that will not be exact either. you are not working on a government spec'd nameplate for the space shuttle here.