• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with a take up reel issue

I had to take the side panel off my laminator and now I cannot get the tension knobs correct..

The issue I am having is the take up reel is taking up to quick possibly?. Could anyone give me a little guidance in to which knob I would have to adjust get the take up system to work correctly. I have a picture attached so you can see what is going on. This piece I ran was about a 6 foot piece.

Thanks

model: ENDURA LAM BU-1400ZJ

I would like to also add.. I had just changed the roll that takes up the waste paper as well. When this roll was thick with waste paper, everything seemed to keep up fine so it maynot be a knob tension issue??

Attachments

• lam.jpg
    lam.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 127

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
There should be slipper adjustment knobs on both the take-up and laminate reel holders. Sounds like you have the take-up adjuster set to tight. Look on the left side of the machine, you should see knobs that line up with the reels. Loosen the knob that is in line with the take-up reel (not so loose that the spring and washers fall out). The take-up reel should now slip either direction while not moving the laminate reel. Laminate some scrap material and tighten up the knob till the take up reel keeps up with the laminate but not so tight as to pull the laminate up into the take-up reel.

Also you might want to check your laminate reel adjuster. If it is too tight you will be over stretching your laminate and get curling of the laminated material.

One more thing, you do not have to have the rollers tightened down super tight. On large laminators the rollers are quite heavy and will usually produce better results on vinyl if you just let the weight of the upper roller rest on the lower roller. If you do have to put pressure on the rollers, just use a small amount and make sure both sides are even. Otherwise when the machine sits not running you can develop flat spots on the rollers.

Once everything is adjusted you should be good to go and not need to readjust it much. Only a small tweak here and there for different materials.