• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Cutting Master 4 and SAi !!

dypinc

Good news. Just got a call back from Graphtec. They are aware of it. The problem they think is 64bit Mac OSs and the SAi servers. They expect a fix pretty soon so keep trying every couple of days.

Last edited:

dypinc

Well here we are. Graphtec and SAi knew about this days ago and still not fixed. Cant use their software because of the f---ing cloud sh_t.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Who ever would have thought that Apple would suddenly go 64bit only. Noit like they gave any advance warning.

Is this only affecting CM4, or all the SAi cloudy "goodness"?

dypinc

I appears it is only affecting new installs or maybe I should say new logins to SAi on the 64bit only OSs. By guess there is some 32-bit code lerking in that process because it the (messenger app) just dumps. They told me that it was something to do with the SAi servers. So I am just not sure because Catalina has been out a long time so if it was 32-bit code that should have been ferreted out a long time ago.

Not sure what would happen if you logged out of a migrated install and then tried to log back in. My Catalina partition still allows me to run CM4 so I don't trust logging out just to test to see if I can log back in.

Humble PM

Glad you've still got Catalina. Just looked in CM4 64>plug-in, and it goes up to CC 2020. I've got CC21 illustrator - that might be a problem waiting to be updated.
ATM I'm just looking at M1 macs as a future upgrade, so I can wait, but the time will come when I'll have to change. Shame, as the new architecture is mostly very responsive.

dypinc

The latest version of CM4 3.90 supports Illustrator 2021 and works fine for me on Catalina. Once you log into SAi you can update CM without having to login to SAi again.

dypinc

Had some time to do a little diagnostic work on this to day. Discovered that SAi Cloud Connect was using software from artifylabs to connect so I went searching. Found three folders in the libraries of Catalina. So I replaced those in the Big Sur clean install. Opened the messenger app, went to the menu icon and I was signed in to SAi Cloud. Opened Cutting Master 4 V3.90 and it works fine.

Humble PM

Clever. I'll have a look next week to see if there is similar in HS.
If I can't find it, would you mind sharing?

Would be good to start my migration to modern OS—old kit is starting to really groan with modern files (damn photographers, and their 100MP cameras...), as well as the demands of modern software.

artemdesigns

Graphic Designer
Called SAi this morning but they didn't have much to say about it. Say I needed to talk to Graphtec but that seems impossible to do. Recording says I need to talk with a dealer, even for software. Might not be able to make this work in OS 11. If I would have known this before I started a clean install of OS 11 I would have done a clean install of 10.15 instead.
If you are on Mac, it is because of a technical issue that is occurring that is currently under review by their engineers. While waiting for that you can install Graphtec Studio to cut with:

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/software

Select Graphtec Pro Studio at the top, and scroll to the bottom for Graphtec Studio (not “Pro Studio”). See the selection option for the different Mac OS. Files would need to be imported into the application.