• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with embroidery font

binki

TIA

Resized_20230314_132529.jpeg

WildWestDesigns

I used whathefont app to tell me. Now in ur software if u have ttf stitch conversion then ur home free. What software u use?
I wouldn't advise that. Sequencing, stitch quality tend not to be anything to right home about. And it's not a function of more expensive software equals better quality of conversion. In fact, I have had $15k software need more cleanup compared to a $700 one. Ironically, the stitch engine in that $15k is vastly superior, go figure.

For some, may get passable results, sometimes it will be blatantly obvious. Sequencing (not just center out, which most software has a tick box for that, but how traveling stitches are handled and their paths and when the cover stitches are done on those individual letter parts as well), stitch types, stitch angles, with a font like this, how serifs are handled, are they all tucked under or do they all go over the rest of the letter etc.

binki

I manually draw them from the image. I was looking for the font because the pic of the hat is not flat or straight on.

I use
1683247370191.png

I like the results from Wilcom a lot better but I not wanting to invest all over again with either $ or time.

WildWestDesigns

It's probably been about a decade since I messed with Wings, but I seem to recall having liked it. I do like Wilcom more. Wilcom also makes it easier to handle (within reason) pictures that aren't perfectly straight, dealing with curvatures in the picture comes with doing a lot of them though. One downside with replicated pictures of embroidery stitch outs (even if it's flat and straight on) is that any imperfections of the stitch out process it self (push/pull especially) has to be deal with as well and that's a real booger.

I firmly believe in doing it the manual or semi-manual way (if either or both are supported in the software that one has) as more likely that's transferable to other programs, so if one has to switch (for whatever reason) that switch is not as painful if one isn't too beholding to the more vendor specific abilities. Due to that, a lot more programs are open to one, so don't have to go with the most expensive. Whenever I would be teaching people, I would have them use Thred. Things like that help make an open source Inkscape extension more viable compared to the equivalent $3k plugin for Ai/Draw.

When I started all this, the user was actually the stitch engine, one mouse click was one needle insertion. So an approx. 7k stitch count design took 7k mouse clicks.