• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with font

unclebun

Have this one that I need help with. First thought was Optima, but it's not that. As you can see, it's not an outline font originally; that was done as an effect.
DSC_0001.JPG

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It appears to be ITC Mixage Bold or Black that has been inlined and squeezed. Here's an unslanted, inverted and filled reworking of it.

smokin.jpg

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
How about Poppl Laudatio? It's old typeface from Berthold that was bundled in with early versions of Adobe Illustrator. It's similar to Optima, but actually looks more like the OP's sample image.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
How about Poppl Laudatio? It's old typeface from Berthold that was bundled in with early versions of Adobe Illustrator. It's similar to Optima, but actually looks more like the OP's sample image.

Not really. The reworked image I uploaded was made from the vehicle picture from the OP. Below is Poppl Laudatio where you will be able to see differences in all the terminals, a lack of a slope on the legs of the "M", a weighted stroke on the "S" ... all substantially different from OP's sample.

Smokin.jpg