• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Laminator Ding-Tec BU-1600C IIZ 60”

txsurfer

We purcheased our Laminator about 6 months ago, we are able to laminate smaller materials fairly easily, when we go to do a 4' x 8' , We get wrinkles every time, any tips or tension advice , maybe pix to see if we have this thing set up right?

quikseps

If you can use a giant sled made of Sintra that would be the ticket HOWEVER seeing that using a sled of this size could be a problem...first thing to check is that your tension is absolutely even from end to end. Cut 4 strips of paper about an inch wide and 12" long...place one at each end and the other two about 20" apart at the center between the rollers. Now set your pressure so that all strips are equally difficult to pull out and then tighten just a bit more. This will assure absolute even pressure. This should help immensely.

These cheap laminators normally work best with smaller laminate. If possible to use, try 48" laminate and not 54".

I bet 30" wide material works great in this.

Flame

For the Dings, unwind the the tensioners on both ends of the machine. Then tighten down on one end until it hits a "fee spot". Like 2-3 turns where it's just free play, no tension. Do the same with the other side, so they both have a little free play... and you should have perfect tension.

ChiknNutz

We've been having some issues with ours for a few months now. The only way we've been able to fully rectify the situation (w/o lots of wasted effort and mat'l) is to precut the laminate to the right size, and act like we're mounting the laminate to the print...same as if mounting a laminated print to a substrate. What this does for us, is eliminate the chance of the feed from becoming skewed for whatever reason...which I believe has something to do with the bar the laminate is on somehow.

Flame

We've been having some issues with ours for a few months now. The only way we've been able to fully rectify the situation (w/o lots of wasted effort and mat'l) is to precut the laminate to the right size, and act like we're mounting the laminate to the print...same as if mounting a laminated print to a substrate. What this does for us, is eliminate the chance of the feed from becoming skewed for whatever reason...which I believe has something to do with the bar the laminate is on somehow.

Weird.... I bought the cheaper model and I've laminated 12'-14' prints, 48" wide with it. It's been good to me so far?

ChiknNutz

I have too when I first got it. Seems like if you web it up, it'll work good for maybe 8 or 10 feet, but will then start heading south again, forcing you to re-web it. Rather than keep doing this, we just cut the laminate to size. It's a hassle either way, but a little less with this method. Can't imagine what's different now, but it isn't quite right.