• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help with laminator

K2

First post. I am new to the sign business and i need a laminator but don't have 8-10 grand for a top of the line one. Anybody that can lead me in a good direction would be great. I am willing to spend up to about $3,500 but would rather keep it lower than that to use that money else where. Not very experienced so want something that will work because I hear that laminators can give people big problems.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
First post. I am new to the sign business and i need a laminator but don't have 8-10 grand for a top of the line one. Anybody that can lead me in a good direction would be great. I am willing to spend up to about $3,500 but would rather keep it lower than that to use that money else where. Not very experienced so want something that will work because I hear that laminators can give people big problems.

What size laminator???
Spend the little extra for a Royal Sovereign. It's great but not as much as a SEAL. The enduralam is a Chinese reverse engineered SEAL.
If you settle for the Daige laminator...you'll be investing in a better laminator down the road anyway...so skip that headache. The daige worked for awhile but needed replacement bands and a bottom roller. It's tension is individually and manually set via plastic bands.
I kept mine to use as a mounting machine only.

Letterbox Mike

Yup. Royal Sovereign is great for the price. Don't cheap out on a laminator, if you get a decent one it'll last you many years and will make your life so much easier. Of all of the equipment in our shop, our laminator is the one I'd give up last.

CS-SignSupply

The new Daige Solo does not use the plastic bands as the previous model did. Good machine for the price while it does take a little practice.

Improvements listed below:
1. hard, bonded silicone rubber on bottom roller (replaces sponge silicone sleeve)
2. all new heavy duty stand. The stand has an attachment (not shown in image) in front
for holding a roll of printed material or to roll up a long print.
3. top roller now has steel cores which are twice as heavy and apply more pressure than the
aluminum cores. (Top roller is silicone covered as before).
4. beefed up cores on bottom rollers
5. spring loaded top roller (instead of O-rings) makes it easier to set top roller
6. slit in back deck cover where you can cut off the laminate without cutting the cover.
7. unbreakable plastic tube on take up shaft, instead of corrugated.
8. switch on top makes it easier to turn on/off motor from front or back.

CS-SignSupply

The new Daige Solo does not use the plastic bands as the previous model did. Good machine for the price while it does take a little practice.

1. hard, bonded silicone rubber on bottom roller (replaces sponge silicone sleeve)
2. all new heavy duty stand. The stand has an attachment (not shown in image) in front
3. top roller now has steel cores which are twice as heavy and apply more pressure than the
5. spring loaded top roller (instead of O-rings) makes it easier to set top roller
6. slit in back deck cover where you can cut off the laminate without cutting the cover.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps

Those Do look like Great improvements. I would'nt even keep the Daige name though. Your previous 4 models were (less than desireable) to put it nicely. I've replaced a few of those parts listed above. I made the same mistake MANY have made and had to pay for that mistake several times over. I've probably lost the cost of the laminator in materials alone...not to mention delayed jobs & lost time in my life. I do wish the quickmount had ALL those upgrades before I invested in the QM4. I gave it a shot & got burned. I ignored the wiser in this forum & learned the hard way. Good luck with the "new and improved" version. It does look better to by the way.