• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Mimaki JV3-160SP Capping Station

mrushn

First post, long-time lurker. I recently purchased a JV3-160SP and the Cyan capping station would not drain. After several nozzle washes, the person I purchased it from told me to remove the capping station top and push solution through the line. I did and it corrected the clogged line. It was a nightmare putting the capping station back together with the springs trying to pop out. I got it all back together finally and when i did a test draw, one side of the black head was only outputing half the ink. I did many nozzle washes, prints, and head cleanings and got the black most of the way back. Then, one side of Magenta did this, got it back and now I am fighting the same issue with yellow. Test draw was 100% prior to this. Did I do something wrong? I also changed the wiper. Any help would really be appreciated.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
I just fix the Mimaki JV3-250 ( similiar but only larger) with the help of this merchant member
http://www.macmedia.com/ and Youtube. It could be the line that has been plugged up ( like you said) and bad ink caps...You can just change the new ink tube or simply change new pump (only $36/piece - need 2 ) and the ink caps. These come with new tubes so it will last along time. My only mistake the last time is mix match the original caps and the new ones (which is .5mm lower and therefore can not suck down the ink causing the head not firing properly). If you have to change the ink caps.. change them all.
Hope this would help.