• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with mutoh falcon outdoor!

juank57

I bought a used falcon outdoor and when i put the inks on it to make a test print did not print anything!
i am new using this eco solvent inks so i do not know what to do
the old ink cartrdrige seem in bad shape with ink all around the cases
i opened the printer to see the lines and it looks like the ink is not going thru
i can not print any color
please help me what do i need to do thanks!
JC

AUTO-FX

oh man, where to start? that is the question. First, this post should be in the mutoh forum, but that's ok, you're new. Maybe fred will move this thread if he likes. do you have the manual for this printer and if you do, have you read it? Have you researched the printer at all and do you have a basic idea of how these printers work? You will need to know some fundamentals. Have you done any searching for info on this forum yet- there's a ton of reading here. You bought it used - did it work when you picked it up? how long since anything has been printed? Did you run a nozzle check, or just try to send a print job to the printer?

letterman7

First - do a search in the Mutoh forum section for the answer. Second, you'll need to pull the carts and clean the lines from the heads to the cart needles. Third, you'll undoubtably need either new heads or a new maintenance station or both. If the unit was in that bad a shape when you bought it, it probably wasn't maintained well at all and needs some serious attention.

Auto-FX beat me to it!

juank57

sorry, like i said i am new
the machine was working fine and they change the heads cap station, maint station and i know they flash the ink to packed for shipping
it was out of service for like 10 days or so
like i said i put all ink and then do the ink charge and them try to do the test print and nozzle check but does not print anything
should i get the six cleaning cartridge and do a wash? and then get new inks?
thanks for the help
JC

SlightlyChilled

You need to pull the ink to dampers first and see if they fill. Then reset the ribbon cables test the fuses to see if they are good. I knew nothing about large printers and just reading the old stuff I now it almost inside and out. Did they replace the dampers and did you see the test print after they replaced the heads and cap

juank57

well,
i got some cleaning cartridge but i put them and says on the board different kind of ink?????
i do not know what to do???
i guess those are bad so do you recomend me get all 6 new?

thanks for the help

JC

toodark

did you run a cleaning cycle with the inks in? This will draw ink from dampers. Is there ink in the dampers? When you run a cleaning cycle did ink flow through to waste?

juank57

i did run the cleaning with the ink but ink does not get thru he dampers and no ink on the waste
also i did the fill ink on the board but nothing happen

thanks

SlightlyChilled

You need to read more. Look into pulling ink in to the dampers with a syringe. you can you-tube it.you need to start at the ink carts and work your was to the heads. After getting the ink to the dampers work on pulling it through the heads from the waste lines. If you get ink that why then run a cleaning and see if the pump will pull the ink into the waste tank.