• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Mutoh Performancejet 2508UF

PICKONUS

Hello, Nice to E-meet Everybody, quick question, 6 months ago we bought and started to use our Mutoh Performancejet 2508UF, right away we noticed there was ink overspray on the inside of the head, In a couple of weeks all the internals were covered in what it looks like cyan ink, I reached to the vendor and they contacted the manufacturer, Mutoh says this is normal and that this always happens to this type of printers, the pictures attached are from like 3 months ago, the internals are now completely cover and sticky, so much that the cyan color is now coming out to stain the railing and the moving mechanisms, ( in the pictures you can still see green circuit boards, they are fully covered in blue by now ) could you please let me know if this is something that is happening to your Mutoh Performancejet 2508UF?

Attachments

• IMG_3642.JPEG
    IMG_3642.JPEG
    2.9 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_3643.JPEG
    IMG_3643.JPEG
    3 MB · Views: 59

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I haven't had any experience with the PerformanceJets yet but in general, ink build up on PCB boards is a bad thing. I do see UV machine create more "ink dust" than others but that's why the boards should be covered/isolated from the environment. Mimaki UV machines have filters on their cooling fan intakes for this specific reason.