• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help With Onyx Postershop RIP Queue

BlueWater84

I just recently got in the business and purchased a HP L26500, Graphtec FC-8000, & Onyx Software from Grimco. I have had a horrible experience with Grimco and wish I had purchased through someone else. The rep they sent to train us was absolutely horrible. I've just been teaching myself as I go and been able to solve most of my problems until now.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set a minimum margin for my registration marks. Onyx RIP-Queue keeps sending the printer a job and it will put my registration marks too close to the edge of my media and then then plotter is unable to cut the job. Is there anywhere in Onyx (or the printer) that I can make sure to leave at least 1.5" on each side of my media?

Thanks!

Freese

As far as I know, if you tell it it's a contour cut job, it automatically shrinks the max roll width within Onyx to accommodate the marks. And I've never had an issue with them being too close. Are you getting mark scan errors on the plotter?

If it's too far off your job I would suggest cropping out blank space in your artwork

Bly

What printer, plotter?

You should be able to set margin widths in your printer.

miker

In "job editor" on the second tab I believe you can make the roll size automatically have a custom border that cannot be printed. IE, if you are using 54" material you can tell it to not use 3" left and right, leaving 48" printable, which with the graphtec marks is probably about 44" live area.

juststrummin

The easiest way I have found is to make a page size a couple inches less than the media you are printing on. ie. if printing on 54" media, make a page size 52", then select this page size when you run your cutting job. You have a choice or RIGHT, CENTER, LEFT when printing. Choose CENTER.

signswi

You can set gutters and offsets in the placement strategy dialog for the printer in RIP-Queue. You can also edit the media sizes to have a smaller "maximum printable area". There's a couple ways to get to that dialog, I think "Configure Printer" is fastest.