• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help with perspective layout

jeffkics

Sign Says
I have this warehouse job for signs on the end of racks. See below of what I came up with. The product names will be interchangeable so that as product moves in the isles they can update them.

Here is my dilemma, the customer ask if there was a way to give perspective to these. Meaning they want someone who is new in the warehouse to be able to tell where the product is in the isle. So for example the bottom items on the list are closest to them, and the top items are at the other end of the isle, or vice versa.

Any ideas of what might work?

Thanks!

Jeff
upload_2021-4-14_8-51-16.png

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
The last time I was at a hardware store the sub labeled each section of the rack - kind fo like in you picture you would have ATO 1 and you would find Zinc in the second section back from your view point.

Jester

Slow is Fast
How about numbering the bays on each isle, then putting the beginning bay number (like a street address) next to each item? Works for their purpose, and it is more signs to sell.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What you have so far is good. That's generally how it's done at the grocery store, but you might wanna put some bade signs down the rows to further help with placement.

jeffkics

Sign Says
What you have so far is good. That's generally how it's done at the grocery store, but you might wanna put some bade signs down the rows to further help with placement.
They don't want any blade signs in the isle because of forklift traffic, and the need to change them.

jeffkics

Sign Says
How about numbering the bays on each isle, then putting the beginning bay number (like a street address) next to each item? Works for their purpose, and it is more signs to sell.
They literally said their employees are not so bright, and they want to make it fool proof :)

omgsideburns

What about color coding? Assign a color to each line, and then correspond with a color at the shelving along the row.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You could do vertical blades that are 4" wide and color code them. If the reach truck is close enough to the pallet rack to hit something sticking out 4" then they should be fired. Or color code the sign and paint the legs on the racking to match the area.

Oops... that was already said. Sorry

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
The blade signs can be narrow, as said. To prevent damage they can be mounted with spring loaded hinges so if the forklift driver hits them they will swing out of the way.