• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help With Print Head Roland Sc545

BANNERS2GO

Cyan print head ran out of ink during a print. Replaced both ink cartridges and pulled ink through with a syringe.
The regular test print comes out fine but when printing some magnets with a blue background there is banding on the first half then it looks good. This goes the whole width of the material. Here is what i've done so far.
Replaced both dampers and cap tops. Replaced the manifold on print head

Attachments

• 20170207_113459.jpg
    20170207_113459.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 20170207_113503.jpg
    20170207_113503.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 185
Hey Banners2Go,

This seems to be an ink starvation issue (the ink cannot replenish the damper fast enough to keep pace with the print). To confirm this, try printing in uni-direction mode. Printing in uni-direction is just in the hopes of getting a print out the door. It's our official recommendation that you to contact your authorized Roland dealer for servicing (because there's still likely a hardware issue happening with the printer). The dealer will get your machine working well and correctly, no problems.

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn