• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Roland 545ex

Fbermudez

I have an old 545ex, I was out of town and the power went out the machine was off completely for two days.
I started it up printed fine for a couple of jobs now my magenta completely dropped out.
Doing a head soak now anything else I should be looking at?
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 16957732737332407872563722814630.jpg
    16957732737332407872563722814630.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116

netsol

I WOULD saturate the magenta captop with isopropyl, remove the hose to the captop from the y connector and pull ink through with a tapered syringe (or any syringe you can use)

solventinkjet sells a really nice tapered syringe!

Fbermudez

I WOULD saturate the magenta captop with isopropyl, remove the hose to the captop from the y connector and pull ink through with a tapered syringe (or any syringe you can use)

solventinkjet sells a really nice tapered syringe!
Thanks I will give that a try

FrankW

Are the ink tubes, dampers and head filled? Put a syringe on the tube of the cap and pull ink manually, does ink flow into the syringe? How old are the caps?

In this case it cant be the head fuse, because on the 545 there is 1 fuse for every 2 heads.

Fbermudez

Are the ink tubes, dampers and head filled? Put a syringe on the tube of the cap and pull ink manually, does ink flow into the syringe? How old are the caps?

In this case it cant be the head fuse, because on the 545 there is 1 fuse for every 2 heads.
The dampers are definitely filled i pulled ink into them, dampers and cap are new on the magenta head that I replaced.
How do i get ink manually into the head?

Fbermudez

I know the board should be ok beacuse all the other colors print except magenta.

netsol

change captop OR AT LEAST saturate the felt with 91% ispropyl & blot until the alcohol run through the felt (absorbs?)
at this point you can wet the captop with cleaning solution then clean once more

then try to print

FrankW

How do i get ink manually into the head?
Disconnect the tube of the magenta cap top from the pump, connect it to a syringe.

If everything with the cap top is ok you should get ink into the syringe when pulling (then the head is filled). If pulling the syringe is very easy without getting ink into the syringe, most probably the cap top is worn out, and you pull mostly air (caps should be replaced every 6 to 12 months). If you cant pull ink and pulling the syringe is really hard, the syringe snaps back everytime you release it, then probably the tube is blocked.

If you can pull ink, you should check if the ink pump have a problem. Depending of the type of pumps you have, you have on cycle for two heads (new type) or one for every head (old type).

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I would replace with a new cap top to eliminate that cap top is okay or not. Next one to check is the damper. I would give Ron a call who specialize the mainboard repair. 323-351-8968.

Link to a new Roland cap top. Click here,