• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Roland RT-640 texart

shirtz

We are having issues with the paper wrinkling while printing. Is there a saturation setting or something I'm missing? It only happens on art that has solid colors.

Attachments

• IMG_3516.jpeg
    IMG_3516.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 219

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
A couple of questions. What ink, paper and software are you using? What media setting are you using in the RIP, i.e., media name and resolution? I did a 7 year stint running sublimation printing production for a major promotional products company, where cost was a big thing. I have experienced this issue myself and you are definitely running into a saturation issue. My solution was I made a custom profile for my media, which was a 95 GSM paper from China, a pretty light weight media. The possible solutions are a heavier GSM paper, printing at a lower resolution (maybe), carefully making some changes in the ink setting in the RIP or a custom profile. Paper is a big factor in sublimation profiling, which is approached a bit differently then profiling on vinyl or photo/art paper.

shirtz

Thanks for the reply Jim. We are printing with the OEM Roland ink with texprint paper. The rip is ErgoSoft and we are running Texart RT-640 8C decoration banner satin 12P 720x720

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
My initial reaction is it's not the best profile to be using. Can you find a profile that is for sublimation paper? If you send me a list of available profiles, I can suggest one to use. You might also check both Ergosoft and Beaver's websites for profiles you can download and install.

What is the final product? My initial opinion is12P is too high, 6P or 8P should be more than sufficient. If you are sublimating fabric, then 360x720 should be fine. It's easy to "over-res" fabric. The limiting factor is the weave tightness and the ink diffusion during the process, meaning above a certain printing resolution, you just don't see the difference.

Your paper is fine, Beaver paper is very forgiving and arguably the best sublimation paper on the market. I would like to know the GSM of the paper though.

shirtz

Jim I checked with Conde who sold us the paper and they don't have any profiles. The beaver paper site as well as Ergosoft don't list anything on their sites. Attached are my available print clients.

Attachments

• profiles.jpg
    profiles.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 183

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I found nothing out there on profiles either.

Can you send a pic of the paper box label? Beaver has quite a range of papers, maybe I can suggest one once I know what you are using...

shirtz

Jim I was looking around on the Roland supplied thumb drive and found a print client that works. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Glad you found a solution! Let me know if you need anything else. And if you need any on-site support...