• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help with set up

rtfavors

We have a sp300 roland printer and we are printing decals then cutiing them on a mimaki cutter, how does the cutter know where to start, will it read the register marks that are produced by roland?
rtf

rtfavors

the roland will not cut the way we want so we are printing on roland and cutting on mimaki through illustrator

cgsigns_jamie

Welcome from Florida!!

You will need to print the Mimaki's crop marks on the Roland. The easiest way to do this is to use a program like Flexi, there was a thread about this (cutting Mimaki prints on a Roland) the other day, use the search button you'll find it.

Also your Mimaki cutter will need an ARMS or similar registration mark sensor in order for this to work accurately. The alternative is to find the crop marks manually, and that's not very accurate.

Ken

Welcome from BC.
I'd like to know what problems you are having with the sp300 in cutting?
If you are print/cutting small decals..don't expect to run off 4 or more feet at once. Do it in batches or the contour cut will run off as you progess through the footage.
Also I recommend you allow the printer to cool (pause) before your cut operation.
Not always the best option, but you will get better cutting performance when the vinyl is not hot.
Cheers!
Ken