• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help wtih HP Latex 360 + Wasatch

Santimus

Hi we just got an HP Latex 360 and are using Wasatch. When printing using the correct substrate and profile I am getting muddy greens. It seems as though it is mixing in magenta through the RIP even though the CMYK value has none. I am using 3M IJ35C-10. If I print using an Orafol profile and the same print file on the 3M IJ35C-10 I get dull reds but better greens. Does anybody have any solutions or suggestions for this? Or perhaps a profile you could send me? Thanks in advance!

The HP Latex 360 printer is a very different animal from a color management standpoint, compared with literally every other machine in this market segment. It is a Contone device, and as part of that, for the Latex 300 series, HP has created a media profile format that is universal for all RIPs, called an OMS file.

The Latex 360 can pull down these files directly from HP Servers through the device's front Control Panel > Media Library. Alternatively, you can go to the Media Solutions Locator and pull down the OMS from there, and send it over to the printer through the Embedded Web Server browser interface:

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/2013/ga/MediaLocator/home.html

Finally, on the Latex 360, you are able to (relatively) easily create a custom media profile directly on the printer. This wizard-based procedure includes the complete media profile, including ink load, temperature settings, pass counts, color calibration, and ICC profile creation. The procedure can be completed in under one hour, start to finish, and is done completely on the printer (this approach does not involve the RIP). Once the media has been created and profiled on the Latex 360, the media name and ICC data is then automatically uploaded to the RIP. Assuming that the operator makes good decisions (the pass count & ink load decision being the more critical ones), this approach (on-board media profiling) should be expected to give more accurate print output when compared to downloaded profiles.

Kwiksigns

wookie
just to let you know, I tried the canned ij35-c profile they have, it is garbage. I have had better results with finding a profile with great color, and tweaking it for different medias. Just a thought

Santimus

Its a terrible pre-set configuration. Colors were all out of whack. I was working on tweaking it until I saw that I can make a new one through the printer itself. That helped a lot! It's much better. Thanks for the help!