• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help

timandmikki

I have a small problem that I was hoping someone here could help me out with. I am printing a logo for a local fire department. I designed the logo in Illustrator as a vector. The problem I am having is when I print it. There is a black fill in the back of the "shield". When I print, it looks like it is "frayed" and the black background goes on the graphic and letters in the design. I have tried to print it several times with the same outcome. Any ideas what I am doing wrong, or how I can fix the problem?:thankyou:

UVchick

"Frayed" as in too thick of a black ink laydown and it's bleeding into rest of graphic?
What mtl are you printing on?

timandmikki

material

I tried it both on gloss and matte solvent printable material. I printed two examples. One with yellow lettering and a red helmet in the center, and one with white letters and the read helmet. On the white letters, it did not bleed into it, but still did on the helmet. On the yellow letters, it did it both on the letters and the helmet.

UVchick

Have you tried adjusting your heat settings?
Try adjusting your ink limits.
Also what is your black's cmyk values, 100K or a composite black?