• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heres a sweet tool from Europe

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Speaking of cutting the backing paper - or for that matter just a single layer of vinyl...

Olfa has a new knife just for this. We actually just got 2 in last week from Cadence. It is Olfa's new TS-1 Top Sheet Cutter. We have been playing with it some and to be honest I'm impressed. You can adjust the spring pressure tension to cut through stuff as thin as a sheet of newspaper to as thick as heavier backing paper and vinyl without cutting into the layer underneath.

Have not even opened the second one yet.

I could see using this for interior wall displays.

This little thing is interesting too. its what they used to slice the backing at the top of the poster.

Attachments

• cutter.jpg
    cutter.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 77

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Speaking of cutting the backing paper - or for that matter just a single layer of vinyl...

Olfa has a new knife just for this. We actually just got 2 in last week from Cadence. It is Olfa's new TS-1 Top Sheet Cutter. We have been playing with it some and to be honest I'm impressed. You can adjust the spring pressure tension to cut through stuff as thin as a sheet of newspaper to as thick as heavier backing paper and vinyl without cutting into the layer underneath.

Thanks for posting this up.
I could really use a few of these today.
We are back splitting a bunch of small windshield decals.
Gotta find a supplier now.

wayne k
guam usa

Custom_Grafx

That's a beaut!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The main drawback so far on it - the blades are not snap off. Each blade has one point and extras come in little boxes of 5. We have not worn the first one out though and it does come with a couple of extras in the handle. Probably cut 50 feet or so with it so far...

Charlie J

I must have one of these...