• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey redheads, Thursday, November 5 is YOUR day!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
In my opinion, Redheads seem to be very well organized but tend to play in the streets a little too much.

red heads.jpg

Reveal1

Or in Guam, you might see a dozen of these of these in the street. We had B&W TV growing up, and wasn't smart enough to realize 'Ginger' was a name for a redhead. Always was a Maryann guy anyway.

C616fzi.jpg

Val47

If you have red hair, it's time to rejoice because National Love Your Red Hair Day is Thursday, Nov. 5.

15. Both parents must carry the redhead gene for a baby to have red hair. In order for a baby to have red hair, different versions of genes called alleles need to be present in both, according to Stanford University. Even if a parent doesn’t have red hair, they can still pass on a red hair allele to their child.

This I find interesting. Being a Redhead from birth - both of my parents had dark brown hair. It was a funny inside family joke that I was the milkman's baby.

My dad had a red beard though - have always believed that my red hair came from my dad. I remember when I was little, and I asked him why his hair was brown, and his beard was red. He told me that was from rubbing his chin on my head. :rolleyes:

But there must be some ginger coming from Mom's side too. Fascinating.