• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi, brand new on this page!!

Imlost21

Just bought a used mimaki vj3-160s. All new heads,station,caps ect. Ive been using a mutoh for 3 years, bought brand new now needs new head. Back to the mimaki,... my question is the firewire cable, how to get anound using a stationary tower compter? I have flexi lisence for one computer and need it on my laptop, so, is there a way that i can use an adapter of some kind? Ive seen some online but dont want to waste time and money to but the stuff if it wont work anyway. Thank you all!!

Excellent example for your first time. You can't type stream of consciousness and expect someone to know what your talking about. You need clear questions with as much info as possible.

Morkel

I think the question is "The printer uses a firewire cable. Which won't plug in to my laptop. What can I do"?

We ran our JV33-160 via USB. Does your printer have a USB outlet on it? Don't worry about the firewire vs USB transfer rate - the printer can never ever print fast enough to outrun the data transfer.

Imlost21

K. Sorry for my question description. So. This particular printer does not have a usb connection. Will an adapter work on the printer?

APCInk

Merchant Member
I believe he has a JV3-160S not a JV33-160S. This machine doesn't have the option of running USB only parallel or firewire. As for running your FlexiSign on two computers, the only legal way possible is if you shut the program down on one remove the security dongle and plug it in to the other computer to run it on that machine. Your other option is to sign up for a Flexi Cloud subscription to have two licenses to run the software.

Good luck!

Brian Hendricks
American Print Consultants
Business: 818-9-APCINK(27-2465)
Cell: 419-552-0194
Email: brian@apcink.com