• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi Guys

JimS

Hi my name is Jim and I live in the sometimes sunny county of Cornwall in the UK.
I admit now I am a complete newbie in reguards to signwriting etc, but since fitting some vinyl graphics to my van it is a subject I have become interested in.
So any help info etc would be greatly appreciated :thankyou:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hi Jim and welcome to Signs 101.

There's already a ton of information here. If you ask specific questions, you should get quick answers.

jimdes

You may be an addict . . . .

Hey Jim, (nice name by the way)

It doesn't take much to figure out that you're probably addicted.

The Signs101 12 steps:

1. We admitted we were powerless over 1-shot, turps, vinyl and fonts - that our files had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to some semblance of sanity.

3. Quickly realized that step 2 was impossible.

4. Made a search and found Signs101.com.

5. read the forum threads and discovered other friends.

6. Were entirely ready to join all these characters.

7. Humbly joined the insanity.

8. Made a list of our past mistakes and became willing to try not make them again.

9. Made direct amends for such projects wherever possible, except when to do so would injure our pocketbooks.

10. Continued to take physical inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it and ordered stock.

11. Sought through the forum and threads for ways to improve our techniques, praying not only for knowledge of letter formation, proper layout techniques and color selection but the power (and courage) to carry them out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other sign addicts and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

I hope I haven't offended any 12 steppers, most will see the humor in this post, if you don't . . . LET GO!