• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High res image needed

rfulford

My client wants a mural of the attached image. Does anyone have an idea where I can buy this image for a mural?

Attachments

• Poster_of_Alexander_Crystal_Seer.jpg
    Poster_of_Alexander_Crystal_Seer.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 177

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm going to take a stab at this one thanks. Considering the sites selling these posters, I would have thought a higher res digital file might be available.

At 3,000 px tall the file is 41 ppi at the proposed 6' height. You can easily increase that to 72 or 100 ppi in Photoshop and expect to see excellent results.

shoresigns

Library of Congress has a higher resolution scan of it (~5000px lengthwise). The link is right on the Clker page you posted.

Vinylman

Is this LEGAL Fred?

at 3,000 px tall the file is 41 ppi at the proposed 6' height. You can easily increase that to 72 or 100 ppi in photoshop and expect to see excellent results.

Fred: {Remarks removed so Moderator won't get his undies in a bunch!}

Attachments

• COPYRIGHT!.jpg
    COPYRIGHT!.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 149

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred: Are you condoning Copyright infringement?

Bob you know full well I do not. My reply had to do with the feasibility of rendering a digital art file at a height of 72 inches. I would suggest that you, as the discoverer of the crime, have a responsibility to locate and contact C. Alexander, ascertain that he or she is the true owner and supply the details of the felonious activity to C. Alexander. If you have any problem making contact, you might want to contact a medium since he sold all his magic equipment and a supply of the poster in question in 1944 and left this earthly veil of tears in 1954. That may explain why one can get a 5,000 pixel version through the Library of Congress. You may find the Wikipedia article of interest.

You are, of course, free to call out the OP of this thread, anyone else who viewed it or replied and most of all me. Don't be surprised, however, if some who read your post reach their own conclusions about you and your reasons for posting your accusation.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You are going to need some special help to get ahold of "C"

CREATED/PUBLISHED: [ca. 1910] NOTES: Copyrighted by "C. Alexander." "AV Yaga Bombay."
Forms part of the McManus-Young Collection. Transferred from; LC Rare Book and Special Collections Division;
1956. SUBJECTS: Alexander, C. A. (Claude Alexander),--1880-1954--

may I suggest
medium.jpg

wayne k
guam usa

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Fred: {Remarks removed so Moderator won't get his undies in a bunch!}

Since this work pre-dates 1921, it's in the public domain.

That copyright notice is easily removed. It most likely was placed there by some printing or poster merchant or another in a dubious attempt to protect their particular copy of the thing.

phototec

I found this 85.6mb high res TIFF scan of the original Kodak copy work of the poster (bottom image), however you need to do some Photoshop work to clean-up the folds, wrinkles and other imperfections, but it will yield a very nice image after the retouching, (after I cleaned it up, it looks as good as new).

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/var1994001567/PP/

And, yes with Perfect Resize 8, I can make it almost any size I need!

:smile: