• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High Res Images for Vehicle Wrap

xerographer

We are just getting into getting into vehicle wraps and a friend of mine has asked us to do a partial wrap on his delivery van. He is a coffee roaster and wants coffee beans on the sides of the vehicle. My designers can not find an image that will scale to the size we need without looking looking pixelated. What is the lowest resolution we can use for something like this? Where can I find an image that will work? Thanks in advance for you input.

oksigns

I just did a quick check with shutterstock and ghetty images, and I can take both of their largest offerings and resize/resample with bicubic maintaining 300 dpi pretty nicely.

rjssigns

You'll be fine at 72ppi. Just did a 10' banner starting with a 300ppi image. When scaled to full size we were under the magic 72ppi, but it looked great and client was very happy with the result.

Another option is to use Perfect resize from OnOne to "up-res" the image. It's what we use and it works a treat. No, I'm not a paid shill either. OnOne just happens to make software that works. They even let you try out the software before you buy.

Lots of folks get hung up on resolution not realizing humans don't have high res eyes.