• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Highest Possible Tack Transfer Tape

SCDesign

I'm wondering what people recommend for a high tack transfer tape. I'm trying to do lettering with Briteline Multigrip or Texwalk, but none of the transfer tape that we use for our other vinyl is sticking well to the texture of this material. Does anyone here have experience with a product that is SUPER high tack? Thanks in advance everyone

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
TransferRite 6798 or Conform 4075 RLA. The 6798 is wicked sticky. It's not something that's usually in stock, so you may have to buy a 48" log and have them cut to size if you need smaller rolls.

JB

SCDesign

TransferRite 6798 or Conform 4075 RLA. The 6798 is wicked sticky. It's not something that's usually in stock, so you may have to buy a 48" log and have them cut to size if you need smaller rolls.

JB
Thanks for the suggestions! The 6798 looks promising. It looks like this stuff is used a lot with adhesive backed fabrics, so if it's used for that, I think there's a good chance it will work with Texwalk. I really appreciate it!

James Burke

Also, sorry if this is a dumb reply but try turning the decal over and removing the release liner from the sticker rather than trying to lift the sticker from the release liner.
Every time...and always, and preferably at a 180 degree angle. Basically, you gently pull the backer over itself...but don't pull so tightly that the backer creases. That's the same way you should remove the tape as well.

I have an application where I apply decals with a significant amount of heat. The warm substrate allows the decal to conform to the texture, and the 6798 releases very easily.

JB

James Burke

Thanks for the suggestions! The 6798 looks promising. It looks like this stuff is used a lot with adhesive backed fabrics, so if it's used for that, I think there's a good chance it will work with Texwalk. I really appreciate it!
About three years ago, I contacted the manufacturer (www.abitape.com) and they sent several sample rolls for me to test. As noted above, I settled on the 6798.

I spoke with a gentleman named Brian Martin (not sure if he's still there or not). He was very accommodating and extremely helpful in finding a solution that worked best our application. Kudos to ABI for going above and beyond to help me out.

One of our more "off label" applications of the 6798 is for rubber sandblast stencil (for monuments). Transfer tape is generally very difficult to remove from rubber stencil, but the 6798 does not even need to be removed because it blasts away cleanly with no gummy residue. Not many transfer tapes are like that.

JB

SCDesign

About three years ago, I contacted the manufacturer (www.abitape.com) and they sent several sample rolls for me to test. As noted above, I settled on the 6798.

I spoke with a gentleman named Brian Martin (not sure if he's still there or not). He was very accommodating and extremely helpful in finding a solution that worked best our application. Kudos to ABI for going above and beyond to help me out.

One of our more "off label" applications of the 6798 is for rubber sandblast stencil (for monuments). Transfer tape is generally very difficult to remove from rubber stencil, but the 6798 does not even need to be removed because it blasts away cleanly with no gummy residue. Not many transfer tapes are like that.

JB
That's interesting with the sandblast. I'll definitely keep that in mind. We've never used ABI products before that I'm aware of, but this is great to know. Thank you so much for all the helpful info, James!

Andy D

Every time...and always, and preferably at a 180 degree angle. Basically, you gently pull the backer over itself...but don't pull so tightly that the backer creases. That's the same way you should remove the tape as well.

I have an application where I apply decals with a significant amount of heat. The warm substrate allows the decal to conform to the texture, and the 6798 releases very easily.

JB
Agreed, & I would add;
- if this is an "in the field" application, it's best to remove the backing (as described above) on a shop table & then re-apply.
- I'm not familiar with "Briteline Multigrip or Texwalk" but with many types of vinyl, if your cutting depth is too high, it is much harder to have the vinyl release from the backing.