• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Highest res on a large format printer / Best printer for very small text?

bkolesar

I've got a job that goes beyond my current capabilities.

I'm trying to print a 7x7 foot black and white banner that consists of a large block of very small (4 point) text. I've seen a Screen Truepress Jet2500UV legibly print text this small at 1200 dpi, but haven't been able to find many shops that use this machine.

Does anyone have recommendations for other printers that might be just as good for this or better?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Apply cut vinyl.

:omg::ROFLMAO:

Not a lot of machines that could print that as one piece with the resolution you need. I'd suggest making it a 2 piece print. That opens the doors pretty wide. A well setup wide format printer at high resolution could do it. I can print 4 point text on our Mimaki JV33 fine but not at that size in a single piece.

Main

:omg::ROFLMAO:

Not a lot of machines that could print that as one piece with the resolution you need. I'd suggest making it a 2 piece print. That opens the doors pretty wide. A well setup wide format printer at high resolution could do

Last edited: