• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hitting a color

Cynosure

Trying to print a small insert in a PMS 404 color. My vs540 turns it grey, even using the specific color from the color library, yet my little canon desktop hits it. Anyone have a trick to make the big guy work like its smaller, slower counterparts? It's a warm grey/brown color...I've tried changing profiles, materials...no luck. Yet plain paper through a desktop straight out of flexi, no problem.

jriley

Are you using Flexi to drive your Roland as well? If so, you can use the Color Mapping function to print out a swatch with a bunch of slight variations of that Pantone spot color. You can pick out the one that best matches what you're trying to hit, and update that spot color so that it reflects the one you picked. SAi has a video on how to do this here:

Cynosure

Are you using Flexi to drive your Roland as well? If so, you can use the Color Mapping function to print out a swatch with a bunch of slight variations of that Pantone spot color. You can pick out the one that best matches what you're trying to hit, and update that spot color so that it reflects the one you picked. SAi has a video on how to do this here:

Trying to print a small insert in a PMS 404 color. My vs540 turns it grey, even using the specific color from the color library, yet my little canon desktop hits it. Anyone have a trick to make the big guy work like its smaller, slower counterparts? It's a warm grey/brown color...I've tried changing profiles, materials...no luck. Yet plain paper through a desktop straight out of flexi, no problem.
I am not...versa works. However, I may give this a try. Thanks for the link!

shoresigns

If you're using Versaworks like most Roland printers, the easiest way to match colours is with the Roland Color System Library. Print a chart, visually match it, then set that spot colour in your artwork.