• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Holiday Station Store logo?

907customs

Anyone know where I could find this logo? I've got a race car that is sponsored by them, and of course, he sent me a .gif file:(

Attachments

• holiday.jpg
    holiday.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,225

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you go to their website, there are two pages that contain PDF files from which you can extract vector versions of their logo. One is in black and white but includes the "stationstores" text and the other is in color but does not include the "stationstores" text. Between the two you can get a full version in full color.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred how do you do that thanks.

• Open the PDF in any editing application capable of opening a PDF. These include Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW and most sign making applications.
  • Select the graphic needed and copy to clipboard.
  • Paste the graphic into a new workspace in your editor.
  • Save the file.

Attachments

• pdf1.jpg
    pdf1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 238
  • pdf2.jpg
    pdf2.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 217
  • pdf3.jpg
    pdf3.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 224
  • pdf4.jpg
    pdf4.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 255
G

gps-hi

If the sponsorship is valid then the sponsor should be willing to provide a usable logo. Generally I would try to go directly to the source to provide it before doing a workaround or a recreation. Just a thought.

MODCreations

I agree with gps-hi. Goto the source. They might just have them already done that you can get.

Just a side note: Thanks Fred for the knowhow on how to extract logos and stuff from a PDF file. Been looking for that info.

Sorry for hijacking. :thumb:

AKWD

If the sponsorship is valid then the sponsor should be willing to provide a usable logo. Generally I would try to go directly to the source to provide it before doing a workaround or a recreation. Just a thought.

Welcome to the real world. Sometimes the turn-around on getting art files from companies is just silly. Other times, it just doesn't happen at all. We all have ran into this kind of crap before. The one I love is getting the 'Oh, it's in the header of our website. Just take it from there. What do you mean it's not high enough quality to print? I can see it right there on the website. It looks great there.' And yes, I've gotten that from larger corporations.

G

gps-hi

Note I said I would go the source BEFORE doing a workaround or a recreation. I work in the real world too so don't even go there.

Malkin

to help locate any potential gold mine pdfs, go to Google and do an advanced search for *.pdf and specify their domain, see attached.

Attachments

• pdfsearch.jpg
    pdfsearch.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 243

visualeyez

Or, get the main headquarters contact # from the website. Call it, and ask to speek with somebody in marketing. Them them what you are doing, and explain you need a vector .EPS (or whatever) file to retain the branding integrety. Give them your email address and go have a cup of coffee. Plus, talking with people in the marketing business is a heck of more enjoyable than spelling the word "v (as in violin) e c t o r" out over the phone.

907customs

Thanks for the tip on .pdf searching, as for calling HQ, I don't care to spend the time, as we all know there is very little money in race car decals as it is, so I want quick and easy...again, thank you Fred. Took 3 minutes and...print ready!

trik

Fred great tutorial!!

Not stealing any thunder, just adding to going straight to the source. I have had great success with it, a few have not followed through, but most are almost always helpful, and to top it all off, I have picked up work from the companies on 3 occasions. Just be polite and very thankful, usually gets you a long ways.