• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Homemade dtg printer works on dark garments

neato

Nice! Really nice...This has been long overdue. It seems that others in the industry have produced pretty much the same thing, but then turned around and sold it for $10,000...Thanks for doing this.

binki

there have been others that have done the same thing. the parts list is a few hundred dollars to around a grand including the printer.

it is a good exercise in showing that it can be done but on the other hand how much time do you want to put into something like this for what you get out of it?

we purchased a dtg printer and after making several modifications to it we finally got it to work pretty good but it does not replace screen printing. it does give the ability to produce short runs and photo images.

the cost to print on darks is still high because of the cost of the white ink and the amount of time to prep the shirt and print it. again, still not a replacement for screen printing but does give an option for very short runs and one offs if someone wants to pay $20/shirt.

steve b

That music made me want to kill someone.....
Or drink
1) Jack Daniels
2) Miller Lite
3) Vodka Red Bull

neat printer.....kinda on the slow side