• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horizontal lines Bleeding onto white lines in prints?????

BSL Graphix

Hi again...this issue keeps creeping up on me....it seems to come and go. I have cleaned around the head, cap, and wiper with a swab and cleaning solution. I have wiped the track that the print head travels on with a clean cloth. And I have cleaned the media rollers with alcohol. Nothing seems to help....any ideas, probably something stupid I am missing. It seems like it only when I have colors beside white, and the color is bleeding onto the white. I can't really notice it on any of the colors.

Attachments

• DSCN0052.jpg
    DSCN0052.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 83

BSL Graphix

castek....thanks for the reminder...that's what I found last time I had this problem....I just looked and do not see anything this time...hmmm

player

Is it always blue? Is there a blue streak around the red stripe as well?

It looks to me like a head strike. Are you sure your material is not rippled and the head is contacting the vinyl slightly?

Have you cleaned your encoder strip?

Is there blue ink around the head after you print?

BSL Graphix

i don't think is it always blue.......I have wiped the encoder strip....now found something strange, This was printed on 3M IJ35C, I switched to ORA3651RA tonight and it seems to have disappeared. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not????

player

i don't think is it always blue.......I have wiped the encoder strip....now found something strange, This was printed on 3M IJ35C, I switched to ORA3651RA tonight and it seems to have disappeared. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not????

Note to self... Stay away from 3M IJ35C.

What did you do between printing the bad and the ORA3651RA?

Could it have been static electricity?

BSL Graphix

all I did was switch printer from IJ 35C 30" wide to Ora 3651RA 48" wide to print a hood wrap from the same exact design for a race car. For giggles, I switched back to IJ 35C and it left the streaks again. The same exact design printed flawlessly on the Ora 3651? Wonder what the problem is? Static? how can I solve it if that's the problem?

BSL Graphix

I tried to use a flashlight and watch the media and printhead as it was printing, and it looks like the streaks come from under the print head as best I can tell. But it sure doesn't look like the vinyl touches the print head.

player

You could try grounding your printer, wetting the floor before printing (moisture will help eliminate static), and even lightly wipe the vinyl with static dryer sheets before it goes into the print area.

Maybe someone else could give you better static advice than me...

CRD

If you need to be sure striking is the issue. Print with the head raised if there are two settings for it. If it does not with the head raised for thicker banner material then you knwo the cause for sure. Paco

BSL Graphix

I read an old topic on here about static, I never really gave it much thought, but I noticed last night every time I touched the printer, I got shocked? But what doesn't make since to me is that it printed perfectly on the ORA3651 roll of vinyl. I have another new roll of the 3M vinyl, maybe I should try it? I did raise the carriage and print in the upper position, and it actually seemed worse.