• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hosting custom emails since google is gone

Google is no longer letting custom emails run through system. I found that out this week when I stopped getting emails from customers. What are some of you doing hosting emails. I have about 10 emails that are sent and forwarded to different people and normally copied to me so I can make sure I know whats needs to be done.

Any suggestions?

MtnView

Will the Google apps for business work for you? There is a pretty low rate for one user. You can still have your website hosted with the current company but set up an email for that domain with the Google apps for business such as me@mydomain(dot)com. If you have more than one email for your domain you can set up aliases such as contact@mydomain, info@mydomain and receive emails from those addresses at the main email. Only problem is if you reply to an incoming email from one of the alias accounts it goes out as the main account. I signed up for the 30 day trial to give it a shot.

particleman

Another vote for Google apps account. You don't need one for each email address you can set it up to use multiple aliases and it works well. I've used it for a long time now. It is also works well if you use an android phone.

MtnView

I need to call them and find out if it is possible so a reply to an email in one of the alias accounts can be sent so it appears to come from that account instead of the main email.

Locals Find!

I think you may just need to check your settings I am still sending and receiving my pop3 email accounts through gmail with no problem.

UnlimitedBT

Don't they all? Thanks to Mr. Snowden, at least we know about it also I heard that in NSA they use custom toilet paper preprinted with pages from Constitution. :)
But to be honest, I have nothing to hide so it does not bother me as much as Email providers screen the content as I discuss the pricing of 5000 4x6 post cards, for example, ad banners popping up advertizing printing websites.
As far as NSA, wonder how after breaking so many laws, afer they pretty much wiped their a$$ with Constitution, nobody was arrested, etc. There is a group of Congress/Govermment members knew all about it, knew it was illegal... I just hope they will never get re-elected, I mean a secrecy plot against its own nation, and many others.
This tread has mentioned so many Key words, wonder how fast this tread will come up on their creens. Every one say "Hi NSA guys!"

particleman

I need to call them and find out if it is possible so a reply to an email in one of the alias accounts can be sent so it appears to come from that account instead of the main email.

Yes, you can do this. I have several different domains I send out of using one account. You add the domain to google apps, then add the account in your gmail as a new "from". Once this is done you'll have a drop down similar to outlook in the Account field.

Gmail is giving your emails to NSA.
Unfortunately, email as it is is very insecure. It is pretty trivial for the NSA to intercept most email simply because it isn't encrypted and it has been leaked most data center communication is tapped. POP, IMAP, and SMTP by default operate unencrypted and a lot of people still use it that way. Again, Snowden taught us the only way to secure your email is to use PGP. Microsoft, Yahoo, and Google all play ball with the NSA, pick your poison.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I really don't think google stopped doing anything. We use google apps for business (Signed up before 2012 so it's still free) and everything seems to still be working fine on our end.

Locals Find!

Yes, you can do this. I have several different domains I send out of using one account. You add the domain to google apps, then add the account in your gmail as a new "from". Once this is done you'll have a drop down similar to outlook in the Account field.

Unfortunately, email as it is is very insecure. It is pretty trivial for the NSA to intercept most email simply because it isn't encrypted and it has been leaked most data center communication is tapped. POP, IMAP, and SMTP by default operate unencrypted and a lot of people still use it that way. Again, Snowden taught us the only way to secure your email is to use PGP. Microsoft, Yahoo, and Google all play ball with the NSA, pick your poison.

If you wanna be truly secure in your communication you need to invest in carrier pigeons. Until I hear about the NSA investing in Hawks. I will stick with this being one of the most secure methods of communication. Of course it's very slow, expensive, and unreliable if you happen to have any hawks lurking around your neighborhood.