• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can this company get away with crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The install does look like A@@. While everyone is talking about the install area of this...what about the print end? Are there acceptable limits to banding and jet dropout on this kind of work..?? SURE. Like Pro and Typestries said...its Commodity work. We HATE..and I do mea I hate things going out of my shop not looking not 100% perfect...but when printing for pennies...sometimes it is what it is. It runs ink...moves stock through...keeps guys busy and working. We produce the best product we can within reasonable tolerances for the work.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Another many do not realize is that you cannot just use any vinyl you want on fleets like buses. The paint jobs on these very often does not have quite the adhesion of a factory car paint job. Flexcon's BusMark and BusArt vinyls are certified by CBS Outdoor and other major OOH companies to not damage the paint or finish. This material is very often mandatory and substitutions are not permitted, period.

I'll say this - we have printed and installed a LOT of Busmark over the years. The stuff is actually pretty damn nice to work with. Removes very clean with zero adhesive, no heat, etc. Granted - if it's hot out it can be a bit of a bear to install large panels - in which case app tape can be helpful but still really not required.

signage

aside from Pro wraps, Colorado signs and Sight line. no on else has a clue about fleet and transit work...

you all do not print nor install in this arena so opinions are not needed!,,

great topic but unless you live it ( My World) leave it alone..

the install from Op is horrible and not par for this kind of work!!:

I guess you know what I was doing before I started my own business?

You are the one telling everyone that the three you list are the only ones to listen to!

signage

Mike I just asked you a question and now you are telling me I know nothing about this, what makes you so sure about that?

I've done more transit & fleet work than I care to remember...i didn't take Merritt's statement to mean 'that NO one other than the people mentioned' knew about this end of the trade..but 'that of all the posts that had been made, it was CLEAR that most commenting were unfamiliar with this work, the conditions,standards,etc' nothing less nothing more.

come on guys, I know you both. You are both GOOD,HELPFUL, RESPECTED, members of this trade & more to the point this community. I'll buy you both a beer & we can armwrestle & all leave friends...this is silly.

let's remember why we are all here.
Don't Be An Adtechia

Status
Not open for further replies.