• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How did I get my VG2 to cut like a tangical cut instead of swivel drag knife like it used to?

highrolling24

Hi All, I was doing a bunch of stickers and perf cutting and I noticed the knife was picking up in each corner and cutting past the corner, for those runs it didnt matter now I need to do a window with a bunch of lettering but dont think I want it to cut like this, I looked and could not find a spot to change this, it does it also with test cut I will try to take a picture but think it might be hard to see.
I really want to know how to change it back, maybe I am using the wrong terms?

Saturn

Aging Member
Tangentials still need to lift off the material for "sharp" corners.

Unless the artwork demands it, I work all my cuts (no matter how complex) to be one smooth continuous path. For large orders or repeat orders a little Illustrator finesse the first time you set things up will pay dividends down the road.

For cut vinyl lettering there's not really anything you can do. Is it maybe a matter of you just now noticing the blade going up and down? It sounds normal to me.

highrolling24

I need it to go back to swivel drag knife, it looks like it is cutting past the stuff and then picking up to cut past again I will try to post a picture, its like I have the cut line going past the point, its looks like it is only going past and lifting up on square corners, I am confused, If I do a reverse cut it would have x's in the corners

I cant get a good picture, I will try again in the morning