• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I become sign contractor in Florida to pull permits

I've managed to get set up to be able to pull non-electric sign permits in two cities, but I'm running into walls to figure out how to do it statewide, which I have to be able to do in order to do it in my county. Any help on how I get it done?

SheelahB

Find a local contractor who is willing to work with you. That is, if you don't want to take the hours upon hours to study the expensive contractor books and spend several thousand in fees (not to mention actually passing the rigorous testing) to get your own license... PM me if you want more specific details.

Sign non-electric contractors license

Hi Sheela, my problem is finding a dependable local contractor, I'm at the point I would spend a couple of thousand to get my own license...I managed to get a degree in accounting, and I've been doing signs for 3 years now in my business, so I think I could pull off the testing. I'm just having a problem finding anyone in government that can tell me exactly what I need to do to get a Sign-Non electric contractor license

Jean Shimp

We ran into a similar problem several years ago. I think you will find each county has it's own rules. The State of Florida does not have a category for non electrical sign contractors so we had to get a "Specialty Contractors" license in our county. Some other counties will "reciprocate", meaning they will allow us to pull some types of permits using our current license. We have to renew each county's license each year and can remain "inactive" for a lesser fee until we need to pull a permit, then pay the full fee. Things may have changed recently but it's still a hassel.