• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I contour cut from Corel Draw with my Roland?

How do I use Corel Draw to print a color logo and then have the Roland cut it? I can, using other software, get the Roland to print something and I can get it to cut plain text on vinyl but I cannot get it to print something in color on vinyl and then cut around the edge of that something. This, as I understand it, is called 'contour cutting'. Am I correct?

I am a newbie at all of this and getting frustrated.

An old version of Signlab had nothing that I could see that would help me contour cut or as I call it printcut.

Then my dad buy's, this is his printer and his idea, WinPC Sign and it doesn't have anything on the training cdroms concerning contour cutting.

Does anyone know WinPC Sign?

I really hate this Roland. One would think for all the thousands it costs that it would come with ALL the damn software you'd need.

First , it helps to know what equipment. Have you added a color to your swatch table & assigned it contour cut? Did you apply that to the design?

OldPaint

"I am a newbie at all of this and getting frustrated".....pretin well sums up the problem....IT AINT THE ROLAND........
ANNNNNNNND if you can afford the printer/cutter.....dont cha think you need the proper software???????????

Re: WinPC Sign software sucks. It does NOT print and cut at the same time does anything?
Reply Quote Favorites Contact
Aparently, this software does not do contour cutting because there is NOTHING on the two instructional cd's that are included with the software. You get a cd of lovely fonts and color clip art but they don't tell you how to use it.

I am getting royally p.o.ed. I was told I could use corel draw so I downloaded it and now have to get a security code in order to install it and the computer I want to install it on is NOT connected to the internet and Corel won't allow me to email them to ask for a security code with no security code for the product. $%&$^#^*$*(%((%

I don't even WANT to run this printer. I was only doing it because it is my dad's idea to start some sort of sign business. I could really care less about the sign business.

I also have no familiarity with any such software so none of the terms make any sense and I cannot get any ideas from staring at the screen. It is not like the other software or other things on the computer that I am able to understand.

Plus that book that you can download from Roland, the Mystery of Print And Cut, isn't really all that helpful. Especially since they say to use corel and I can't even get the damn thing installed on the freaking computer.

Sometimes I think this world was just created to poke me with a stick and laugh at my suffering. I really really really hate this printer. I mean, for however many thousands of dollars you spent on it you'd think the damn company would include software that you could actually USE.

OP this ones for you. Found this on Roland forum.
"I don't even WANT to run this printer. I was only doing it because it is my dad's idea to start some sort of sign business. I could really care less about the sign business."

"I am a newbie at all of this and getting frustrated".....pretin well sums up the problem....IT AINT THE ROLAND........
ANNNNNNNND if you can afford the printer/cutter.....dont cha think you need the proper software???????????

I don't have any money. I live below poverty level. My dad is the one with all the fucking money. THIS IS MY FATHER"S stupid idea for when he retires yet he wants me to do all the work. He's the twit who bought it and then just thinks it works itself.

I just asked a question. It isn't my fault I don't have all the stuff I need to get the thing working.

And I just spent hours at the roland site I downloaded all the PC600 stuff and placed it all in a three ring binder. I did not do all that just to heehawheehawwwww some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact I logged on just now to ask some questions concerning the color choice software manual that I downloaded and printed and am reading trying to learn this shit.

SO THERE.

ChicagoGraphics

Welcome to the Digital World.......you buy Mickey Mouse software, you get
Mickey Mouse results.

Hang in there, you will make it BIG one day...

Jackpine

"Sometimes I think this world was just created to poke me with a stick and laugh at my suffering." Sorry to hear about your troubles. Seems you have more going on than the printer problems, good luck with that. Don't think you are special, this stuff does take time and effort.
First you have to BUY Corel Draw. The download is the "trial" to see if you want it. The is a recent thread about getting it cheap. OP paid around $100...that is cheap.
You have a PC600 thermal printer that comes with ColorChoice. That and Corel Draw is all you need to run the printer to print and cut, print only or cut only. You need to make a CutContour color in the spot color pallet in corel draw. That is the color ColorChoice will recognize as the cut line. Design in Corel, make a cut line around your graphic and export as an eps to color choice. Then process the file. This is the short version to setup since it has been a few years since I had a ColorCam 600.