• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How do you base your pricing with custom reflective striping?

Eveny Medeiros

Finesse Graphic Solutions
We've been doing wraps and signs for years now, more than 12yrs in the industry and about 4yrs for ourselves. We are getting custom reflective striping jobs for various fire & police depts. We are vendors for the builders of them so they go all over the US. Anyways, basing cost on sq ft & labor alone, there's not much meat on the bone. I've seen a few people on here who do fire & police work so was wondering what you base your cost on? We have a job now that I'm trying to quote and it's a little different than any before. We now have a template to cut each slat for all of the roll up doors so cutting, weeding, & taping each door on reflective that's printed and laminated. I have what all of our material and labor costs are but seems like nothing compared to what we think it should be. Any help?

missytoe

We build ambulances and provide the graphics. We base our quotes on the material with 40% markup (if we cut 30" vinyl, we charge them per sf including waste), plus $100/hr labor. If it's a big job, we include 2 hours of built in labor for design, printing, cutting and weeding.

Eveny Medeiros

Finesse Graphic Solutions
We build ambulances and provide the graphics. We base our quotes on the material with 40% markup (if we cut 30" vinyl, we charge them per sf including waste), plus $100/hr labor. If it's a big job, we include 2 hours of built in labor for design, printing, cutting and weeding.

Thanks for the info. It definitely helps.