• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you conduct business?

zgraphics

I think standing will speed up the transaction vs seating down and making the customer relaxed, taking their time on making up their mind. All my customers stand when placing an order. and i also have some that want to sit down and talk. Time is money...

hammered

Im strictly a sticker guy s o almost all of my business is done through email and forums. It saves customers since Im not the people person Im sure you all have come to think of me as. :Big Laugh

cgsigns_jamie

We don't have a true reception area so customers usually end up in my office or if the graphics table is clear we will meet there, we have stools so they can sit if they like. I absolutely try my hardest to make sure that the customers don't sit with me when I'm at the computer, I prefer to take notes and then get back with them later. I hate it when the customer sees how "easy" it is to make changes then they sit there for an hour looking at every available font and color combination. I have a sign with bold text in plain sight that states "ALL computer/design time WILL be billed at $75.00/hour". After they receive that first invoice for the design fee they think twice before taking all my time again.

cartoad

Most of our in store sales is across a counter, however I like to greet and visit with new clients face to face without a counter between us. We also have a small desk and table in our showroom that we sit down with clients on large jobs. Clients that come in can see into the production area and where the artist sits.

Doyle

I have a counter that is usually cluttered with stuff, but it has 2 levels, higher on either end, and the mid section (not cluttered) is low enough for them to sit across from me on the bar stools that we have on both sides of the counter. Customers are not welcome on the other side of the counter unless they bring beer....lol I used to have just my desk that customers could sit across from me, but too many felt welcome to watch me on the computer (which I HATE), so I fixed that problem.... and I also rarely ever do ANY type of layout work with the customer there waiting.... I always submit a proof via e-mail or have them come back.