• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How do you convince a local bank their logo looks like a DAYCARE?

John Miller

A local credit union wants to change their REALLY nice logo with something their secretary pooped out of Word, because it's more 'community'.

It. Looks. Horrid. I can't post it here because of contracts, yadda yadda. I've made some variations of it to show them, before making their HUGE backlit monument panels. But I'm afraid it'll fall on deaf ears/blind eyes.

How have ya'll convinced a longstanding institution their idea is a total $#!tshow without alienating them?
We HAVE to do it -- they've already paid for it and the material delivered today. I'm cringing.
A good friend in the sign business summed it up very well. "Tell them what they need, give them what they want"

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
I don't know about y'all, but I'm in the "Commercial Art" business. Mr. Smith taught me that 46 years ago or so.
"Your in it to make money Mister Bradley". I can still hear him saying that!
It's not fine art!

Matt Trudeau

A local credit union wants to change their REALLY nice logo with something their secretary pooped out of Word, because it's more 'community'.

It. Looks. Horrid. I can't post it here because of contracts, yadda yadda. I've made some variations of it to show them, before making their HUGE backlit monument panels. But I'm afraid it'll fall on deaf ears/blind eyes.

How have ya'll convinced a longstanding institution their idea is a total $#!tshow without alienating them?
We HAVE to do it -- they've already paid for it and the material delivered today. I'm cringing.

Ugh, I know the feeling well. Some people who have the power to decide SHOULD NOT be deciding. Just did the lobby of an apartment building, two channel letter signs (one yellow and one green) then one pink neon sign and one cyan neon sign. ALL IN THE SAME ROOM! it hurt my head.....