• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you cut using a cutter with VJ 1204?

jman

Good evening everyone!

I picked up a slightly used VJ 1204 and was wondering if anyone had a tutorial for contour cutting using a cutter so I can print/cut half wraps. I am using flexi 12 for the rip.

Thank you!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Every cutter has a different type of crop marks and settings but the workflow is essentially the same. Get the manual for your cutter and it will tell you how to setup a contour job specifically for that cutter. You don't have to do anything different on the printer. The basic workflow is, Design with contour lines, add the specific crop marks requires by your cutter's manufacturer, print, load into the cutter/read the crop marks and cut using Flexi or the software that came with the cutter.

you cant cut with a VJ1204 or any of the Value Jets, You need a stand alone plotter, like a graptech....needs to have opitcal eye 7000 series or newer i beleive. You also need software that supports print and cut. you can use the Cut Master 2 plug in for illustrator to set up files....repeats, cut lines, and graphtec segement markers (so plotter can read file) you would then output threw you RIP software.