• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you get Adobe Filters to work in Flexi?

pixel8d

Flexi's documentation is very vague on how to get Adobe Filters into Flexi. This is what they say:
From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
Click the File Paths tab and enter the folder location in the Adobe Plug-ins field.
Click Browse to navigate to the Adobe Plug-ins folder.
Click OK.
Only 32 bit plugins are supported
Is the "Adobe Plug-ins" folder in the SAI program files or the Adobe program files? Can you use Adobe's own filters/plug-ins or do they have to be third party?

My goal is to use a Bevel plug-in to allow me to give lettering the appearance of being carved all within Flexi. As of now, I have to export the graphic, open it in Photoshop, apply the filter, and then import it back into Flexi.

Thanks!

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Been a minute since I used Flexi on a frequent basis, but I think you point to your Adobe directory for that.

pixel8d

Been a minute since I used Flexi on a frequent basis, but I think you point to your Adobe directory for that.
Thanks. I feel like I tried that but I'll keep messing around with it. I wish Flexi would be more explicit with their instructions!

Aaron Hunter

You can either point it to the Adobe folder or install Eye Candy (I love that set) and point it to the Flexi plugins folder.

citysignshop

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure I recently saw a Mark Rugen/ Flexi training video that included how to use these plugins.....might be worth a search?