• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you like the new look and feel??

How do you like the new look and feel

• Love it

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • undecided

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • AH its ok

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
W

Willard Reece

Vote on your opinion of how you like the New look and feel,, :cool1:

Bob Rochon

Seasoned Sign Freak
although this site offers a ton of wealth and information I find that there is too much info on the main page, it is very cluttered and busy. I'm not sure how to offer it all and have the page have a free flowing look to it though.

Also I will state the colors are very cold and non inviting to me cool colors do that. other than that I didn't notice much difference, I guess that would be because I haven't been here in a bit ha.

Craig Sjoquist

Willard Reece said:
Vote on your opinion of how you like the New look and feel,, :cool1:
guess this where Iput it confusing a bit but works ok very hard to read black on a medium bluetry yellow where is the contrast

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Bob Rochon said:
although this site offers a ton of wealth and information I find that there is too much info on the main page, it is very cluttered and busy. I'm not sure how to offer it all and have the page have a free flowing look to it though.

Also I will state the colors are very cold and non inviting to me cool colors do that. other than that I didn't notice much difference, I guess that would be because I haven't been here in a bit ha.
When I took this over the two blues were the colors in use. I never felt they needed changing. As far as the clutter, it's the basic look of a portal interface ... which is all template driven. Without getting in and redesigning the templates, there really isn't that much control over things.

When I get some time, and vbPortal gets through it's beta stage, there will be other color schemes made available. The main idea of the portal was to have better control and management of content. That comes at a sacrifice of design options.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Craig Sjoquist said:
guess this where Iput it confusing a bit but works ok very hard to read black on a medium bluetry yellow where is the contrast
Craig, the only black on blue I know of is in the footer for some required copy and links. The links change color when rolled over. The required copy is of no importance unless you wish to go to either the vBulletin or vbPortal websites. I spent about half a day trying to track down a way to change them to white or yellow, and, unfortunately, any changes I make will cause other more important areas to have no contrast at all. All this stuff is written as a master CSS and then individual templates reference the master. Attempts to override it are beyond my programming skills and available time.

Thanx for your comments though.