• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you open a file if you dont have the font.

Charlie J

I have a .ve vinyl express file and i'm trying to open it in flexi but I don't have the font to do the substitution. Is there a way around this? The font its looking for is : Tw Cen MT Condensed. I'm googling it now.

Thanks all

Capital Signs

See if anyone here can convert it to an eps for you, that has VE. Can you do that? I dont have one, so I wouldnt know.

Charlie J

I definitely appreciate the offer but I was able to find the font and I got it opened. I still wonder what you can do if you dont have the font and you wanna open the file without substituting. I know in illustrator you have to convert text to paths or something like that.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I definitely appreciate the offer but I was able to find the font and I got it opened. I still wonder what you can do if you dont have the font and you wanna open the file without substituting. I know in illustrator you have to convert text to paths or something like that.

You have that same capability in Vinyl Express but, just like with Illustrator, the font must be installed at the time you convert to outlines. The command in Vinyl Express is Control +Shift +O.