• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you tape and ship your vinyl?

graphicwarning

For those of you that ship vinyl, what is your process?

I’m trying to roll and box my vinyl, but have tunneling problems. On cut vinyl I never seem to have an issue… it’s only when I print and laminate large vinyl panels, tape and box. I always roll face out, and I get lots of tunneling.

I’ve used high tack R-Tape, and tried Transfer Rite Medium tack… the medium tack worked better, but still get the tunneling.

I feel like I am missing something obvious here that is right in front of my face, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. I’m just curious to others methods, and experience shipping vinyl. How do you box and ship without the tunneling?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Seeing as we're in Georgia, with its glorious humidity, we get this most every time we ship graphics (plotter cut, prints, print & cut, etc.). I find my best results come from rolling it tightly around a standard 3" core. It seems to help the tape stay flat. Once it gets there and is unrolled, they're on their own!

InstantOneMedia

Seeing as we're in Georgia, with its glorious humidity, we get this most every time we ship graphics (plotter cut, prints, print & cut, etc.). I find my best results come from rolling it tightly around a standard 3" core. It seems to help the tape stay flat. Once it gets there and is unrolled, they're on their own!

We also roll it around a 3" core and have no issues w/ tunneling.