• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you un-roll giant lexan sign faces?

JasperST

You get someone to run the video camera, (take your shirt off if you're wearing one) pull out your tacticool knife and say "Hold my beer, watch this..."

ProWraps

GET THE CLAMPS!

clamps.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Set a date for a 'Mud Wrestling' night. Once everyone's in.... tell them before it starts, they have to use their brute force to manhandle the lexan roller into shape. They'll have no idea of what you're talking about, but by that time will be wiling to do anything to get the festivities started. Once it's rolled up, move it out of the way and then let the wrestling begin................
mud_wrestle.jpg

signmeup

Gino... that's gayer than mixed martial arts. I borrowed a cargo van and leaned the panels against a sheet of plywood up against the side of the van.

Attachments

• jiu-jitsu.jpg
    jiu-jitsu.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 122

Wes Phifer

I've got two of these in my shop. I hadn't even thought about how I was going to unroll. It is going to suck trimming those things to size assuming I don't kill myself unrolling them.

JasperST

It is going to suck trimming those things to size assuming I don't kill myself unrolling them.
I do large unwieldy pieces with a hand held circular saw with a cheapo metal type blade, the stamped out one with all the tiny teeth. The edges don't need to be absolutely perfectly straight since they go in cabinets.

Otherwise they go on the cabinet saw table with a carbide triple grind tooth blade.