• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you unlock the mutoh valuejet 1304 so it can work without chips

Tendai

We have a mutoh valuejet 1304 which uses the bulk ink system without chips We have used it like that for 2 years. Yesterday it just came up saying (original inks not installed) please help if anyone knows how to bypass this.

FrankW

Have you upgraded the firmware of the printer? If yes, try to downgrade.

Inbetween, Mutoh have integrated to store and compare serial numbers of cartridges. When serial numbers of ink cartridges repeats (what could happen if using ink cartridges with copied Chips), this message appears.

Looks like that your bulk ink system do something to trick the chips out, what dont work anymore.

Tendai

Have you upgraded the firmware of the printer? If yes, try to downgrade.

Inbetween, Mutoh have integrated to store and compare serial numbers of cartridges. When serial numbers of ink cartridges repeats (what could happen if using ink cartridges with copied Chips), this message appears.

Looks like that your bulk ink system do something to trick the chips out, what dont work anymore.
No we have not done anything to the printer. We finished printing on Thursday and Friday Morning it just came up with that cymk not original

Umca

Maybe your printer was reset to default parameters. Sometime it happens. If smartcards on your printer was disabled by service code, try to upload same code again.

FrankW

No we have not done anything to the printer. We finished printing on Thursday and Friday Morning it just came up with that cymk not original

The problem will not appear immediately. You upgrade the firmware, but nothing happens until it seems for the printer that you insert a cartridge with the same serial number.

Tendai

The problem will not appear immediately. You upgrade the firmware, but nothing happens until it seems for the printer that you insert a cartridge with the same serial number.
Thank you for this info. Now it makes sense coz we changed computer last week and maybe our network guy updated the firmware.

Umca

The printer worked without smartcards. So, card serial serial number did not read by printer.
Firmware update is not erase smart cards disable code from the printer.

Tendai

The printer worked without smartcards. So, card serial serial number did not read by printer.
Firmware update is not erase smart cards disable code from the printer.
Yes machine worked with no chips Which code should I disable?

Tendai

00447443 003005 Alex unchiped our machine remote. He just logged on to team viewer and sent files to the printer. Now all working and using 3rd part inks He only charged us £200.

Dovermts

00447443 003005 Alex unchiped our machine remote. He just logged on to team viewer and sent files to the printer. Now all working and using 3rd part inks He only charged us £200.

Wow who did your chip unlock could you pm me info?? I have a vj1204 and I'm constantly fighting the chip cards

Last edited:

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
I would recommend just by the Stratojet hawk instead they will do a buyback for your printer. Their printer is chip free so don't have to worry about all this. They have a location locally in UK for application support. you would save alot of time

signgal01

I would love this contact information as well, I have two VJ1324s and have 12 cartridges that are on average half full that the chips won't read. Also, would be interested in the bulk ink options.

Vassago

Err.. The contact information is in the post..

00 International dial code

44 country code

7743003005 mobile number